Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Bring it!


I've barricaded myself in the house today after 41.5 hours of OT last week to catch up on a few chores and of course I'm making zero progress. Unless progress includes cleaning up my itunes and coming across some fantastic old photos. The photo above is a particular fave. It was taken at Candlewood Lake in CT at my aunt and uncle's house--clearly in the 80s. I'd like to say, "Nice Charlie's Angels doo mom," but with the wall of lopsided bangs beginning from apparently the back of my head, I really don't have much room to comment. Hard to believe I was ever so blonde and wore that belt at will.

What I love about this photo is the fact that it is quite obvious that I'm about to get busted for something, but that first my mom has to give my little brother (who is outside the left of the frame) the "Don't you even think of going near that lake, not right now," evil eye. And I have that smirky mixed expression of "I'm ready for it, I will NOT cry, and do I ever have a brilliant little retort ready to throw back at ya" look on my face. I'm waiting mom...

No comments: